My friend Mark Wilson, over at Revitalize Your Church, recently posted a great reminder on how to keep our New Years Resolutions in perspective, and how to live them out one day at a time (in How are Those Resolutions Coming?):
- Travel light – Don’t let the problems and pain of the past weigh you down. Learn from the past, but live in the future.
- Live one day at a time – Enjoy each day as it comes. Don’t delay decisions. Do it now.
- Be generous – Be lavish in your love and encouragement of others.
- Face your problems with faith and courage – Don’t hold back out of fear…go boldly, trusting in God’s power and strength.
- If you cannot change your circumstances, change your attitude – We cannot always change our circumstances, but we can always change our attitude.
I really enjoyed the story that was shared at the very end of Mark’s post – about a girl who believed that the new year was going to be a great one for sure. When a friend asked “How do you know that for sure?” she replied, “Because I am going to take it a day at a time and do my best to ensure that every day includes something beautiful.”
What can you do to include something beautiful into your New Year’s Resolutions, and into each and every day?
You might also like:
- 2012 Minister’s Tax and Financial Guide
- Tax Saving Strategies for Pastors
- Great Way for Pastors to Get Free Books