Drury Hotels has just become one of my new favorite hotels for family and business travel, after our stay this week at the Drury Inn & Suites in Flagstaff, Arizona.
I travel a lot for my work/ministry and have the Priority Club’s platinum status to prove it, since I typically stay at Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn, or other Priority Club hotels.
I brought my family on a trip to Arizona for a special event honoring one of our friends who pastors on the Navajo Nation. We came out a few days early to visit the Grand Canyon and other attractions, and to connect with some Native American ministerial students we sponsor.
I searched online for hotels that had one or two-room suites which could accommodate our family of seven, and discovered the Drury Inn & Suites in Flagstaff.
I’ve seen the Drury Inns around from time to time in my travels, but had never taken a look at them before now. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised with all that Drury had to offer!
Why Drury Hotels are Great for Family & Business Travel
They say “The Extras Aren’t Extra” at the 100% family owned Drury Hotels. They weren’t joking.
1. Drury offers several different room and suite options to accommodate business travelers and families alike. We were glad to find a two-room suite that would fit our family of seven at a fair price.
2. Drury was a pioneer of the free hotel breakfast that offered real food, and not just donuts and toast. Their QUICKSTART Breakfast includes eggs, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, sausage, cold cereal, fruit, waffles, oatmeal, juice and more. We even got to meet the hotel’s manager, who greeted guests during the breakfast hours.
3. One thing that really sealed the Drury deal for us us was the free dinner, called the 5:30 Kickback, offered seven days a week, not just four days a week like other suite hotels do. Drury’s 5:30 Kickback features a rotating menu of hot food entrees and snacks, along with soft drinks and cocktails – all free.
4. You can’t miss the smell of the free popcorn that Drury Hotels provide in the afternoon and evening, along with free soft drinks to wash it down. This was a huge bonus for our kids.
5. Drury Hotels are pet friendly. We’ve never traveled with our dog, but we learned that Drury makes it easy. We saw several dogs during our stay – both big and small.
6. And yes, there’s free wi-fi.
I’m still a fan of Holiday Inn Express, and those incredible cinnamon rolls that I enjoy so much for breakfast. But I’m glad to have the Drury Hotels as another great option for my business and family travel.
What’s your favorite hotel chain, and why?