On Saturdays, I like to share some of the best money blog posts I’ve read over the past week. This week, I’m writing from Franklin, Tennessee (about 20 minutes south of Nashville), where I’ve been attending Dan Miller’s Coaching with Excellence seminar.
Dan is the author of 48 Days to the Work You Love, and I’ve used his material to help lead others to greater success in their life and work for nearly 10 years now.
I’ve had a great time at this event, not just learning from Dan and his team, but also meeting some really neat people from all over the country: fitness coaches, financial coaches, business coaches, career coaches, parenting coaches, special education coaches, and life coaches.
If you’re a looking to start or grow a coaching business of any kind, I highly recommend Coaching with Excellence and also Dan’s new 48 Days Coaching Mastery program.
Best Money Blog Posts for January 19, 2013
Here are my favorite money blog posts of the week:
- Free Money Finance explains how you can grow your career by giving back as a volunteer. I totally agree with his post, because volunteering has been my pathway to nearly every position I’ve had over the last 21 years since I graduated from university.
- On Target Coach gives reasons why going to the dentist is like creating your first budget. As one who used to floss twice a year – right before my bi-annual visits, I can relate to that!
- Money Beagle asks “Is there a magic number for when you’ll stop working?” For me, the answer is no: I’ll always be doing the work I love, even after I pass my financial finish line.
- Brick by Brick Investing explains why he and his wife use coupons so much: it is a form of food insurance for them.
Here are posts I wrote recently for other great personal finance sites:
- Christian PF: 7 changes to healthcare in 2013 that you need to know about.
- The Christian Dollar: How to climb the corporate ladder without a degree.
And here’s what I’ve been up to at Money Wise Pastor over the past week:
- My recent stay at a hotel illustrates Why Pre-paid hotel rooms are not a good idea
- Now that our paychecks are all 2% smaller, here are 6 ways to counter the loss of the payroll tax cut
- What does the Bible say about money? Hebrews 13:5 encourages us to keep free from the love of money
Well, that’s it for me. I’m going to enjoy some of the sights and sounds of Nashville before hitting the road for home. What are you up to this weekend?
Brent Pittman says
Thanks for including my article in your roundup! Keep up the flossing!
Brick By Brick Investing | Marvin says
Thanks for the mention Rich, we are definitely in good company!