“Studies show that there is no difference in the way Christians handle their money versus non-Christians,” according to Eric Hoogstra, the author of The 7-Day Financial Makeover. How sad.
Hoogstra, a business professor at Cornerstone University and personal budget counselor, is affiliated with Crown Financial Ministries, and is a corporate facilitator for Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University.
“The 7-Day Financial Makeover is a book that tells you about your finances, tells you where you are at, and gives you a few directions about what to do and how to invest,” said Hoogstra.
If you’re looking for a book that is all about getting out of debt, this isn’t really one of them, though it certainly does cover the subject. Few of those get-out-of-debt books tell you what to do after you’re out of debt. But that’s where The 7-Day Financial Makeover shines.
The 7-Day Financial Makeover
Here’s a brief overview of the 7-Day Financial Makeover process:
- Day One – Assess and verify your income and expenses; complete a projected monthly statement; list assets, prepare list of current debts and prepare a personal financial statement.
- Day Two – Understand your role as a steward, and God’s ownership in your life. Seek God’s direction for your finances.
- Day Three – Learn how to create an effective budget…and maintain it!
- Day Four – Learn how to eliminate “budget busters.”
- Day Five – Learn how to set both short-term and long-term personal and financial goals for the future.
- Day Six – Focus on investing to meet goals.
- Day Seven – Plan for the future, which includes training your children about finances.
The 7-Day Financial Makeover is full of biblical money wisdom and advice, and a fool-proof step-by-step approach that includes practical examples, transformational tips, action steps, and access to bunch of great online resources.
Click to get The 7-Day Financial Makeover from Amazon.com, and seven days from now, you’ll have clear direction on where you’re going with your money, and why.
You might also like: