“Studies show that there is no difference in the way Christians handle their money versus non-Christians,” according to Eric Hoogstra, the author of The 7-Day Financial Makeover. How sad.
Hoogstra, a business professor at Cornerstone University and personal budget counselor, is affiliated with Crown Financial Ministries, and is a corporate facilitator for Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University.
“The 7-Day Financial Makeover is a book that tells you about your finances, tells you where you are at, and gives you a few directions about what to do and how to invest,” said Hoogstra.
If you’re looking for a book that is all about getting out of debt, this isn’t really one of them, though it certainly does cover the subject. Few of those get-out-of-debt books tell you what to do after you’re out of debt. But that’s where The 7-Day Financial Makeover shines.
The 7-Day Financial Makeover
Here’s a brief overview of the 7-Day Financial Makeover process:
- Day One – Assess and verify your income and expenses; complete a projected monthly statement; list assets, prepare list of current debts and prepare a personal financial statement.
- Day Two – Understand your role as a steward, and God’s ownership in your life. Seek God’s direction for your finances.
- Day Three – Learn how to create an effective budget…and maintain it!
- Day Four – Learn how to eliminate “budget busters.”
- Day Five – Learn how to set both short-term and long-term personal and financial goals for the future.
- Day Six – Focus on investing to meet goals.
- Day Seven – Plan for the future, which includes training your children about finances.
The 7-Day Financial Makeover is full of biblical money wisdom and advice, and a fool-proof step-by-step approach that includes practical examples, transformational tips, action steps, and access to bunch of great online resources.
Click to get The 7-Day Financial Makeover from Amazon.com, and seven days from now, you’ll have clear direction on where you’re going with your money, and why.
(This post was originally published on March 7, 2013 and updated on October 13, 2016)
You might also like: