Is it Saturday again? Each week I like to share articles I’ve found interesting from some of the top money blogs on the web. I also like to recap articles I’ve written here at Money Wise Pastor, along with articles I’ve written for other top personal finance sites.
Before I get into those, here’s what I’m up to this weekend. We’re mostly staying around the house on Saturday. My wife was bit by the spring cleaning bug (I know, it’s still January!) and she wants to do an in-depth cleaning of the kitchen.
I’ve let mail and other junk pile up on my desk and in-box, so I’m going to be working on processing all of that stuff (like our year-end investment statements, bank statements, etc.) and get a little more organized financially before I start working on taxes next month.
On Sunday, we’ll be at church in the morning, and then head to a friend’s house for our life group in the late afternoon, where we’re reading through The Story, which is the Bible re-organized in novel form.
10 Top Money Blogs for January 26, 2013
Here are my top ten money blog pics for this week, in no particular order:
- Free Money Finance explains how to build a dividend growth stock portfolio in four easy steps.
- Redeeming Riches offers an interesting take on the debate between using credit cards and paying cash.
- Faith and Finance shares 6 tax tips for the upcoming tax season.
- Money Help for Christians gives good advice on how to prepare for the unexpected.
- I Heart Budgets shared strategies on getting the best credit card rewards deal.
- Money Life and More shares one person’s experiment to live for a month on just what’s already in the fridge and cupboard.
- Free Money Wisdom tells about a bank that pays down your student loans.
- Out of Your Rut shares 20 part-time jobs with health insurance.
- Financial Samurai explains CD investment alternatives because he’s no longer investing in CD’s.
- My Money Design explains how one call saved him $1,200 a year!
Top Money Blogs I Was Featured In
- The Christian Dollar featured my article on debit card protections you should know about.
- Christian PF featured my article on 7 important financial practices in marriage.
Recap of The Week at Money Wise Pastor
Here’s what I’ve been up to this week at Money Wise Pastor.com
- What you need to know about the new credit card checkout fees that merchants can charge, and how to avoid them.
- 6 Top causes of winter car accidents. What’s the #1 cause? It’s probably not what you think.
- What is social entrepreneurship? And how do social enterprises differ from traditional businesses?
Thanks for reading Money Wise Pastor, and for sharing your comments on posts that interest you. I really appreciate it. What are you up to this weekend?