On Saturdays, I like to share a sampling of money articles I found interesting on other money blogs over the past week.
Here are my pics for the week:
- Free Money Finance shares a story from a reader who claims they save $2,000 a year by eating the samples at Costco and grocery stores several times a week. Some question whether it is ethical, or healthy, to do so. What do you think?
- Free Money Wisdom shared great tips on how to raise kids to be wise with money. Tip #3 – “Teach kids about business,” is one that I’ve been working on with my teenage boys over the last year.
- Tim at Faith and Finance released his newest ebook How to Coupon, in which he claims you can cut your grocery bill by 50-80%. I’m not a big couponer, but this ebook might turn me into one.
- Bible Money Matters shared 8 important Bible verses about money for Christians. I’m going to print this list and keep it in my spiritual journal.
And in case you missed them, here’s what we covered this week at Money Wise Pastor:
- If you’re stuck with high interest credit card debt, a credit card balance transfer can save you money.
- Clergy taxes can be extremely challenging, so here’s some easy to understand IRS tax help for pastors.
- Don’t get overwhelmed – live your New Year’s Resolutions one day at a time.
- Zondervan released the 2012 Church & Nonprofit Tax and Financial Guide.
- Zondervan published the 2012 Minister’s Tax and Financial Guide.
- One of my 10 smart money moves for 2012 is to get your free credit score.