Today we’re making the most of one of our museum family memberships: The Henry Ford Museum & Greenfield Village in Dearborn, Michigan.
I took my third son there earlier this summer to attend the Maker Fair Detroit event that was hosted at The Henry Ford.
Because we have a family of seven, I decided to buy the family membership at that time because I knew we’d come back at least once as a family over the next year, and hopefully more.
We’re headed back to The Henry Ford today to celebrate our second oldest son’s 14th birthday. He’s a huge Lego fan and he’s excited about the new Lego Architecture exhibit that opens at the museum today!
I hope we can get there again sometime during the Christmas season for the Holiday Nights in Greenfield Village, which is touted as a “Top Holiday Event” by USA Today & Reader’s Digest.
Money Wise Pastor Blog Post Roundup
Here are some money blog posts that I found especially worthwhile this week:
- Over at Christian PF, I wrote a post on how to protect yourself from online fraud and identity theft.
- Free Money Finance announced his $25,000 Red Kettle Challenge, where he promises to match the donations his readers make to The Salvation Army, up to and including $25,000.
- The Christian Dollar shares 4 steps to curb overspending your budget.
- Faith and Finance explains how you can earn extra money as a tax preparer.
Here’s a recap of money blog posts I wrote this week at Money Wise Pastor:
- What’s the best way to help the poor?
- What’s your scariest money story?
- How will Hurricane Sandy affect your finances?
- How an online checking account saves you money and earns interest
Also, earlier this month I launched a giveaway of 10 copies of The Sound Mind Investing Handbook. The contest ended October 31 and I have begun to contact some of the winners but haven’t reached everyone yet. I hope to wrap up the notification by early next week, and then get the books shipped in the mail.
Thanks to everyone who participated!